Tick-tock Pineapple Clock
As I had some older children coming over I wanted something still fun but a little “older” in terms of visuals. I was looking at a lovely, fresh pineapple and the segments just fall into triangles and from there the clock was born.
My esteemed guests used the apple and pineapple as a basis for creating an afternoon snack for themselves and had a fantastic time. Max also loved showing Joe how the Roman Numerals work so win win!
– Pineapple (tinned if no fresh would do)
1. Start by cutting segments from the pineapple for the numbers 3, 6, 9 and 12.
2. Add the hands (from apple or pear). It was all simple until I tried to cut the circle for the middle!!
3. Make the numbers from slices of the inside of the apple. I used Roman Numerals as it simplifies things enormously!
4. I added little apple rectangles for the other numbers. And, that is it – super simple!
Healthy, creative, fun food for kids big and small.
The Art of Nutrition.