Sometimes the boys have to bring in a “share” plate to school/Kinder/Cubs/team events. I am always wanting to come up with something fun that impulses the other members to dive in and yet is healthy. I try and make the dish from lots of bite sized pieces so everyone can have just a little at a time.
The salad fish is one of my simple designs that can be modified dependent upon what you have available and can be jazzed up with a pot of dip! Enjoy my fun food plate.
– 2 celery stalks
– 2 carrots
– 1 cherry tomato
– I used corn for the bubbles
– I used yoghurt for the eyeball
1. Slice the celery and arrange into a “body” shape. Don’t worry, you can move around later if necessary!
2. Slice carrots for the head.
3. Add more carrot slices for the fins.
4. And even more carrot for the flashy tail. I love carrots as they are sweet, crunchy, available all the year round, a great colour and cheap to buy!
5. Add half a cherry tomato for the eye. I used a blob of yoghurt for the eyeball.
And a slice of the tomato for the mouth.
6. Decorate the sea bed with bits of celery, carrot and tomato.
7. And add some bubbles.
8. I tried some different tails too.
Healthy, creative, fun food for kids big and small.
The Art of Nutrition.