I was making pesto yesterday (coriander/cilantro on this occasion) and it looked just like a mossy patch in the garden (a tasty looking one of course!) and this made me think of snails.
So here’s my fun food, salad snail cruising along on my “mossy” pesto. The boys loved her!
– Pesto (optional) could also use other dips like hummus
1. I put down a smear of pesto (made me feel very “chefy” !!).
2. And added a baton of celery with the back end cut to a point and the front sliced diagonally on each corner.
3. Then I cut the bottom off a small tomato and put it at the front.
4. Before adding a thick slice of cucumber with the bottom levelled off so it didn’t roll.
5. I made little incisions in the top of the tomato and inserted celery “antennae’.
6. So simple, it’s already finished.
7. A great snack.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small