I put this together for a quick but fun dinner.
I did something similar making the fish from pumpkin and made a video which you can check out:
Or you can go to the “Video” page on the website.
This proves what I keep saying which is that most of my designs are very, very simple and quick to put together. The pumpkin fish took less than 3 minutes once everything was cooked!!
– Bread – I used wholemeal
– Mashed pumpkin for the seabed (any mashed veg would do)
– Corn – I used to create a sandy look on the seabed
– Green beans, broccoli, carrots – for the plants on the seabed (and fish’s features)
– Prawns, calamari and fish for the seabed
– Peas for the bubbles
– Olive for fishes eyeball
Swap in other veggies or seafood you have handy!!
1. Put the mashed pumpkin down for the seabed and stud with corn.
2. Place the veggies and seafood on the pumpkin to make the seabed. Arrange as it comes!
3. I used a cookie cutter to cut the fish shape.
Then I used carrot and beans to make the eye, mouth and gills. I gave her an eyeball with a slice of olive. I also used peas for bubbles.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small..