Winter Brekkie Tree
So as there are only 4 seasons this would be the last in my series of breakfast trees and as there is a storm raging outside my window it is very appropriate today ….
Fun food, simple and nutritious and a great one to do with the kids.
– 1 Banana
– Yoghurt – I used home-made Greek style
– Oats – I used wholegrain
– Desiccated coconut for snow (oat bran or finely ground nuts would work)
1. Cut the banana down the centre and use a large piece for the trunk.
Make branches from smaller bits of banana.
2. Add some yoghurt as snow caught on the branches.
And some as the snow on the ground.
3. Sprinkle oats as leaves on the tree and on the earth.
4. I thought it looked a little stunted so increased the height!
5. And then added some snow.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small..