Everyone has seen or even made their own carved pumpkin for Halloween but have you ever eaten one?!?!
So I thought I’d do my own take on the carved pumpkin making a mini, edible one from a tomato. It’s a fun way to do scrambled eggs and tomato for breakfast or a snack and I have to say delicious. Had to make one for everyone … lucky I am now an “expert” carver and it’s deceptively quick and simple.
– A firm tomato. Look for the perfect shape!
– Scrambled egg.
– I used cheese for the stalk.
– I sprinkled thyme as it tastes so good with egg.
1. Carve the traditional triangular eyes and nose from the front of the tomato. Then cut a mouth with teeth. You will need a sharp knife but it’s actually quite simple to do.
I propped it up so it was easier to see the face.
2. Then I cut a flap at the back and hollowed out the tomato which wasn’t hard to do.
3. I stuffed the tomato full of scrambled egg.
And put the rest underneath and around.
4. I used a chunk of cheese to make the stalk and I thought a yellow picnic plate may look better ……
5. Then I sprinkled thyme around.
6. And knew the yellow was just a little too bright ….
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small.