Skeletons are an iconic Halloween figure and so easy to make and share.
Here is my fun, cartoon style pasta skeleton.
– Pasta – I used wholemeal penne and spirals (I wanted to call them a flashy Italian name but they are alas called “spirals” ….)
– Cheese – for the skull
– Steamed carrots for the hands and feet
– Corn – for joints
– I used olives for the skull detail
1. Cut the skull shape from a slice of cheese.
2. Add collarbone and upper arms.
I used corn as the elbows then the penne again for the lower arms.
3. Add spinal column from corn and ribs from spirals.
4. Make hips and upper legs.
5. Then add corn knees and lower legs.
6. I cut hands and feet from steamed carrots (that had been cut lengthways).
7. Then I gave him a face cut from olive. Two eye sockets, teeth and nostrils.
8. And he is ready to be eaten!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small.