Black food is very limited so I have decided to work the contrast the other way round for Halloween this year and do light objects on a dark background …
This is my cute, fun and simple apple bat.
– Red Apple
– Coconut / oat bran (for stars)
1. Cut two wings from the largest part of the apple at the centre. I used one wing to make a template for the other.
2. Then I cut a circle for the head.
3. And some pointy ears.
4. I gave him some little feet but removed them later!
5. Then used the outer part of the apple to make a smiley face.
6. And more of the red part of the apple for detail for the wings.
7. I cut another circle for the moon.
8. Then sprinkled coconut for stars.
9. I decided I didn’t like the feet so ate them!!
(Assault and battery ?!?!?)
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small