Fairy Fruit Castle
Fairy Castles are just so easy to build and so exciting to present. I have used some of my cookie cutters to cut some hearts to use as windows.
This fun food plate is perfect for a play date or for a Kinder/school event and is deceptively quick and simple and of course all healthy.
– I used 1 ½ red apples
– 3 large strawberries
– Yoghurt (I used home made plain)
1. I chopped the apple down the centre and then cut slices from the middle outwards to give me the biggest pieces. I then cut them into rectangles and roughly pieced together to make the main part of the castle.
2. I just mixed and matched the apple pieces and didn’t need to recut much. Then I added a middle tower.
3. And two side towers.
4. I used big strawberries cut in half then sliced to make them more triangular for the tops of the towers.
5. Then I cut some of the other sides of the strawberries into squares to make the parapets.
6. And used some of the skin side of the apple to make windows.
7. I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to make windows too so it was more princess like (I have a set of metal cutters that work really well on fruit and veg).
8. I chose different parts of the skin of the apple to give contrasting reds for more windows.
9. Then the castle needed a big front door.
10. And to be up in the yoghurt clouds …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small