Tomato Man – Pram
I love little tomatoes. They are sweet, easy to eat and great to design with!!
I have started a series of “Tomato Man” plates that are simple, fun food ideas for breakfast or a snack.
This one was actually going to be something else but as I cut a mushroom the shape of the pram jumped out at me ….
– 4 small or cherry tomatoes of different sizes
– A mushroom
– A few large baby spinach leaves
1. Cut the mushroom cap into a carriage shape.
2. Add a handle and struts for the wheels.
3. Then cut a tomato in half to form the wheels.
4. Make the baby’s head from a small tomato and the back of it for the body.
5. Cut legs from a spinach leaf.
6. Then make the parent from two tomatoes for body and head.
7. Use spinach leaves to make arms and legs.
8. And then some more to cut a hat.
Then I used some mushroom for eyes.
9. Cutting more mushroom for the ground.
10. And tomato “man” is ready to step out with the baby.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small