In honour of all my friends and followers in the US here is a special Thanksgiving blog.
For everyone else it’s a great, easy, fun food dessert or share snack.
– 1 ½ big, brown pears
– I used a strawberry for the wattle (or any other red fruit)
– I used a blueberry for the eye (raisin)
– I used pepitas for the ground
1. Cut the cheek from the pear as it’s the perfect shape naturally!
2. Then take slices from the outside of the pear for the tail.
3. And keep adding until you have a full tail.
4. Then I cut a head from the inner flesh of the pear.
5. And gave her a little wattle from a piece of strawberry.
6. I cut little bits of the white flesh to make tips for the tail feathers.
7. Then fashioned some legs.
8. And gave her a big, blueberry eye and some wings.
9. Then I scattered some pepitas for the ground.
10. Gobble gobble ….
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small