Fun, fruit Friday. I have put together a cute, cartoon, fun food snowman. You can make with or without yoghurt to dip.
– Red & green apples (can make with just one)
– Raisins/dark plum (for detail) – dates or any dark fruit would work
– Orange – I used a slither for the nose but any contrasting coloured fruit would do
– Desiccated coconut – for snow (oat bran is a good alternative)
– Yoghurt for snow drift (optional)
1. Cut a body and head from the centre of the apple. I have indented the body slightly to fit the head into.
2. Then I added a jaunty hat cut from the outside of a red apple.
3. And a scarf too.
4. Then I used a dark plum to give him eyes and a mouth.
And some raisins for his buttons.
5. His arms were cut from a green apple.
6. Then I cut a sliver of orange for his nose.
This just shows how it actually protrudes!
7. And as I was finishing it began to snow ….
8. Which all drifted around his base …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small