Christmas Cracker (Bon Bons)
I love turning simple breakfast food into a visual delight. This is not something that is tricky to make and transforms the humble wheatbrick into a great, fun food Christmas icon.
Use whatever fruit you have in stock to decorate. I used yoghurt coloured by raspberries and blueberries to give it a bright coating.
– 2 Wheatbricks
– I used yoghurt coloured by crushed raspberries and by blueberries for colour
– I used Greek yoghurt, blueberries and strawberries for decoration
1. Cut the ends of a wheatbrick on the diagonal.
2. Slice another wheatbrick in half then cut the inner ends on a diagonal too.
3. I coloured the ends using yoghurt mixed with raspberries. You could use just the berries crushed if you choose.
4. Then I did the same for the centre with yoghurt mixed with blueberries.
5. And then made some stripes for detail with plain yoghurt.
6. I used blueberries and chopped strawberry to give a jewel effect.
7. And then to finish I used some of the yogurt/raspberry mix for a party effect.
8. I had made another but it looked too “sweet/candy” like ..
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small