Christmas Rudolph Pies
My lentil and meat pies are always a huge treat for the boys so when combined with the Rudolph factor they are a complete winner. I have used my healthy pastry recipe (wholemeal flour/wholegrain oats/water) and the pies themselves are stuffed with veggies and lentils which makes them tasty and nutritious.
I have used basic additions to make these into fun food for Christmas. Skipping the pastry and just using a bowl with any filling and then putting on the face and antlers would work well too and be even more super quick and easy.
- Pies (or filled small bowls)
- Mash potato for eyes and nose
- Olives for eyes
- Cherry tomatoes for nose
- Carrots for antlers
1. Make and par bake pie shells.
2. Fill pie shells.
3. I used blobs of mash to make the base for the eyes and mouth.
4. And of course no Rudolph would be complete without his nose …
5. Then add slices of olives to give the eyes definition.
6. And cut antlers from a carrot.
7. Yummy and simple, I made a few so we could all share.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small