Well we’re supposed to be in the middle of summer but it does NOT feel like that so this plate is probably as appropriate for us as those deep in winter!
My boys love bananas and yoghurt so this fun food plate hits the spot for dessert (aside from arguing over the penguin). The photos unfortunately do not do it justice.
– Desiccated coconut for snow
– For the penguin I used a date, 2 raisins, a dried apricot, a hazelnut and some yoghurt.
1. Slice the banana and build the first level of the igloo.
2. Add another layer of banana slices.
3. Then I sliced some banana lengthways to make the door.
4. And added a roof with more layers.
5. Then I covered the whole thing in yoghurt to give the snow effect.
6. And sprinkled some coconut “snow” falling.
7. Then put together a little penguin.
8. And it’s time to eat!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small