Here we are at the end of another year of being “on call” 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So here’s a healthy glass to be raised to all us parents who can multi-task like a ninja in fast forward and who deserve a little treat to celebrate the wins and losses.
I’m looking forward to sharing 150+ fun food plates with you in 2014, catch you next year ….
– Red apple
– Mango (can use any other pale coloured fruit – apple/pear/stone fruits/pineapple)
1. I used a banana with a curve. The straight bit became the stem …
2. Then used the curved bit which naturally made the glass receptacle.
3. I cut a triangle of banana to make the base of the glass.
4. Then more of the curve for the top of the glass.
5. I cut a triangle of mango to make the “champagne”.
6. Then little circles of mango to make the bubbles.
7. And as its NYE we need streamers and confetti.
I used a peeler to take strips from the outside of the apple and then cut little pieces from the three fruits for confetti.
8. Happy New Year !!!
9. Or does it look better without the top on the glass?
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small