Veggies at a Snail’s Pace
When I first started playing with my food, um creating designs about 3 years ago my good friend Vicki suggested using roasted veggies to make a snail. It seemed like a fun food idea and I have had it in my head ever since. Last night was the time. This is so simple I have not included pictorial steps, just the final photo. And it was delicious …..
– Roasted veg. I used potatoes, parsnip and pumpkin (sweet potato, carrots etc. would work too !)
– Peas for the “grass” – any green veg as a contrast is good
– Green beans for antenna. Use what you have available (ends of carrots/parsnips/ broccoli stalks).
– I used a slice of olive for the eye
1. Roast veggies and then arrange in a loose circular pattern to make the shell
2. Place longer veg along the bottom to make the body and head. Can always slice the veggies in half to give them shape.
3. Put eye, mouth and antenna on.
4. Pour peas across the bottom.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small..