Who doesn’t like to share a cup of tea or coffee with friends?
Here is a fun food way to have a little tea party for a snack or dessert. Great way to present a healthy share plate.
– Strawberries (larger are easier to work with!)
– Blueberries (for the handles)
– I used little chunks of apple to hold the handle in place (any harder fruit would do)
– Yoghurt for the filling (for dairy free you can always substitute coconut cream)
– I sprinkled cacao powder for the cappuccino effect
1. Cut the stem from the strawberry and then slice the other end off and hollow it out.
2. I sliced blueberries in half and cut off the flesh to leave primarily the black outer skin. Then I wrapped this around a small semi-circle of apple flesh to form the handle.
I then pushed these up against the “cup” where they sat nicely.
3. I filled with some Greek yoghurt.
4. Then sprinkled with cacao powder.
5. And we’re ready to have a lovely cappuccino together!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small