My boys love crepes (or thin pancakes) as a treat and I have to say they are great to design with as you can make them into pretty much any shape.
These crepes I used to make a fun food space scene and then combined them with fruit for a bit of sweetness.
– Crepes or pancakes. I make simple wholemeal ones with flour, egg and milk.
– I used strawberries for detail but any fruit you have on hand would be great.
– Desiccated coconut for the distant stars.
1. I cut the body of the rocket.
2. Then added the fins.
3. And a tail and a pointed front.
4. I used strawberries to add detail.
5. And of course no rocket would be complete without a destination.
I cut a planet and gave it a “ring”.
6. Then some stars.
7. And a sprinkle of coconut for the distant constellations.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small