As my parents are here visiting from the UK it’s a great opportunity to put together platters. Here’s a fun food salad plate that I made for dinner. I served it with some lettuce and home-made dressing and it was a big hit.
Simple but effective it would be perfect to serve at a gathering or for a group of children to choose veggie bits to dip at a party.
This is so versatile as you could use any veggies you have to hand. I used:
– Cherry Tomatoes
– Capsicum (bell pepper)
1. Cut the celery horizontally and use to make the outline of the butterfly wings.
I cheated and drew a faint outline to work to.
2. Then I added some carrot cut into circles.
3. And some more at the top.
4. Then I sliced cucumber into circular shapes and then into quarters.
5. I chopped cherry tomatoes in half and used them for more detail.
6. To make the body I used olives which I also cut in half.
And then sliced some celery thinly for the antennae.
7. To fill in the spaces I used more celery.
8. Then thought she needed some additional colour so added some capsicum triangles.
9. And a beautiful butterfly is born …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small