I love doing simple cartoony shapes that are very forgiving to the non-artistic!
This was my fun food insect that I was able to whip up very quickly for a play date share.
– Red apple (use pear or other fruit if you wish)
– Green apple
– Plum (or use any other contrasting harder fruit)
1. Cut the large cheek off the side of the red apple for the abdomen.
2. Then a smaller bit of the other cheek for the thorax.
3. I used slices of a green apple for the wings.
4. And cut more of the red apple for the head.
5. Then I sliced a bit of plum for the mouth.
6. And some circles for the eyes.
7. Then some apple irises and some plum pupils.
8. Followed by more plum slices for antennae.
9. And then a little stinger from green apple.
10. Here is my fun food insect ready to eat.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small