We love eggs in our house. In fact we go through so many we decided to invest in some hens of our own! They have a house to rival ours and get treated as part of the family with treats and cuddles. Not sure this is conducive to laying lots of eggs but time will tell …
This is my fun food egg duckling plate. Great for breakfast or a snack.
– 1 large egg, scrambled (I always use free range as they are just so much better)
– 1 large egg with yolk and white cooked separately
– I used a little olive for eyes
1. Make the shape of the body.
2. Then add a head.
3. I cut beak shapes from the cooked yolk.
4. And cut wings from the white.
5. I realised their tails needed to be longer so made them so.
6. Then cut eyes from an olive.
7. And no duck would be happy without some water, made from little pieces of the white.
8. But then I thought it’d look better if it was a bit wavy.
9. And with a few ripples.
10. Add an egg yolk sun and off they swim.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small