Exactly a week to go until Valentine’s Day so I thought I’d start with a few topical fun food plates!
Here are my love heart balloons.
– Watermelon for the balloons (or any red fruit)
– I used plums for the bodies (apple/pear/stone fruit/melon)
– I used blueberries for their heads
– I made the strings from sunflower seeds
1. I cut bodies for the people from plum.
2. And added arms.
3. Then legs.
4. I added half a blueberry each for a head.
5. Then used sunflower seeds to create the balloon strings. It wasn’t quite as frustrating to do as I thought it would be!
6. Next I used a cookie cutter to make three balloons each.
7. Gave them some sunflower seeds to walk on …
And off they wandered into the sunset …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small