Petit Fours – 2
I made Petit Fours yesterday from Watermelon and it got me thinking. What a perfect fun food, party plate, a selection of bite-sized Petit Fours filled with colour and natural vitamins. They look so enticing and would be as at home in an adult soiree as a kid’s party!
I decided to design some more today and used apple as the base. Apples – of the apple a day keeps the doctor away fame – are such an all-round fruit. Tasty, economical, available all year and packed with soluble fibre, Vit C, B-complex vitamins and anti-oxidants.
– Apples – larger ones yield better squares
– Other fruit for filling and garnish
– I used Greek Yoghurt for “cream dollops”
1. Cut squares from the apple (and should you wish other fruits for layers).
2. Build layers using contrasting fruit for fillings.
3. Top with garnish for a fancy cake effect.
Use any fruit that is available to create designs of your choice. Round, triangular or other shaped Petit Fours would look fabulous.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative, food for kids big and small.