My boys love spaghetti. I have found a wholemeal brand that is lovely and soft and doesn’t seem like chewy string so we are all happy! I enjoy making meals that tick all my boxes, lots of veggies, high fibre carbs, good protein and of course appealing presentation and great taste. This is one such fun food meal and delights all my boys, big and small.
– A boiled egg per person
– Wholemeal spaghetti
– Sauce (I made a simple, hearty tomato and fresh herb)
– Veggies (I served with peas, broccoli, corn and baby spinach)
1. Cook pasta and add sauce
2. Wrap around in a bowl. If you can make the spaghetti roughly go around the inside of the bowl in big circles the nest will hold together easily once removed from bowl. I use my favourite kitchen utensils for this (fingers).
3. Once the bowl is full (you will have a slight hole in the middle) up-end on the serving plate.
4. Remove the bowl. Push into the centre and make a hole for the eggs to perch in.
5. Place veggies around the side for foliage.
6. You can serve with any veggies on hand.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative, food for kids big and small..