I was cutting some melon and suddenly the shape “spoke” to me.
A lovely, fun food windmill emerged remarkably easily from the melons …..
– Watermelon (or other larger fruit)
– Canteloupe/Rockmelon (or Honeydew/pear)
– Kiwi – or other green fruit
– Plum (or dark fruit)
– Blueberry (plum/raisin)
– I used desiccated coconut for the clouds
1. I cut a mill shape from the watermelon.
2. Then used a blueberry as the pivot that the blades emanate from.
3. I used a dark plum for detail, starting with a strip across the top part of the mill.
4. Then I cut the blades from a rockmelon (cantaloupe).
5. Before adding some detail to the blades and attaching them to the blueberry pivot by some strips too.
6. Again using plum I cut a door and window.
7. Then added some kiwi grass.
8. And of course a lovely, shiny, orange sun.
9. Finished with some coconut clouds.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small