Flower Pot Dips
I have done other designs using “real” flower pots as the serving vessel. There is always a great reaction from the mini-chefs to this fun food especially as they are just the right size for a teaspoon.
This is more a party piece where you can present a variety of dips in different pots and then have vegetable crudités to dunk in.
– I used home-made hummus as the dip
– Dutch carrots (baby carrots)
– Parsley as the leaf for the carrots
1. Put something in the bottom of the flower pots to prevent leakage as being proper plant pots they have a drainage hole. I used aluminium foil.
2. Then added the dip.
3. Before sticking the carrots in.
4. And giving them parsley leaves (I dug a little hole in the top of the carrot then secured the leaf with a blob of dip).
5. Then for variety I cut some celery stalks and gave them some corn flowers.
6. And scattered some additional carrots around.
7. Which is about all you need to do before serving.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small