Simple, cute, delicious, this is my fun food watermelon ladybird/ladybug.
– Dark plum
– I used a little apple for the eyes (any light coloured fruit or yoghurt would be great)
1. Cut a body shape from the watermelon.
2. Then I sliced a plum cheek to make the head.
3. And cut a groove to show off the wings.
4. Before adding the iconic spots.
5. I used more of the plum to show the body beneath the wings.
6. Then I sliced some plum very thinly for the antennae.
7. Before cutting some disks of apple with blueberry halves on top for eyes.
8. And there emerges the ladybird …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small