Here’s a lovely, simple fun food lunch or dinner that the mini-chefs can help you put together.
– Steamed potato (or other large veg). I cut prior to steaming.
– Carrots (or other contrasting coloured veg)
– I used peas and beans for the grass
– Olives for eyes (could use peas)
1. Use the large slices of potato for the bodies.
2. Then cut some head shapes.
3. Before adding some corn “feathers”.
4. Slice some carrot beaks.
5. Then cut some carrot feet.
6. I gave them some carrot crowns.
7. And then some olive eyes.
8. Before adding some peas and beans for grass.
9. And it’s as simple as that …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small