Egg Box Eggs
OK so this week is turning into egg week – without any actual eggs!!
I have wanted to use an egg box to serve egg shaped veggies for a while and Easter was a good excuse for this fun food experiment. Joe was absolutely delighted with the presentation and both boys couldn’t wait to test the “eggs”.
Use any veg you like.
– Egg box (I lined with cling film/Glad wrap)
– Mashed potato
– Mashed pumpkin
– Bubble and squeak (potato mixed with spinach and cheese and lightly fried)
– Mashed peas (mixed with a little potato to help hold shape)
– Roasted beetroot (mixed with potato to hold shape)
– Fresh corn (mixed with potato)
1. Line an egg box with foil or cling film for hygiene.
2. Form some mash into an egg shape and place in the box.
3. Then do the same with some pumpkin.
4. I used some leftover bubble and squeak.
5. Before mixing some peas with mash for the 4th egg.
6. Then I did the same with some beetroot.
7. Finishing with some corn.
8. So simple and a great fun way to present veggies.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small