Well today is Roy’s birthday so I have made him a special platter in celebration. We won’t discuss how old he is but suffice it to say much older than me!!
Use whatever fruits you have on hand. I used:
– Watermelon (coloured with frozen raspberries)
– Kiwi fruit
– Mint leaves for decoration
1. Cut the numbers from the fruit. I used cookie cutters and watermelon.
2. Then surround with a contrasting colour. I used Kiwi fruit.
3. Before adding some pineapple cut into pieces.
4. And some grapes with the tips removed so they don’t roll!
I realised the late season watermelon was very pale so used frozen raspberries to darken the colour.
5. Add a few mint leaves for décor and we’re ready to stick the candles in.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small