Flowers for Breakfast
As Mother’s Day is coming up for many countries this Sunday I thought I’d do a few special designs. This fun food, flower plate makes a great breakfast or light lunch for anyone.
I did change my mind a few times during the making so bear with me!! I also did two options so you can choose toast or mushrooms.
– 2 boiled eggs (mine kindly donated by my chickens)
– Toast or mushrooms for stem
– Baby spinach for leaves
– I used sautéed onions for the ground
1. Peel and cut the eggs. I initially left them in halves but then sliced into quarters.
2. Then I added a slice of tomato as the centre of the flower.
3. I used mushrooms for the stem (and later cut them thinner).
4. Before adding some onion “soil”.
5. And some baby spinach leaves for …. leaves!
6. I realised the stem was too wide and the flower needed extra petals.
So cut the mushrooms thinner and sliced the eggs into quarters.
7. Or you can go the toast stem instead.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small