OK so tanks are probably not very P.C. these days but my boys are fascinated by them.
Here’s a fun food, super simple one to whip up as part of a meal or for a snack.
– Radish for the wheels (or carrot, cucumber, tomatoes)
– Carrot for the tracks (or cucumber skin, celery cut super thinly)
– Red capsicum (bell pepper) for the body
– Celery for the gun (or carrot, cucumber)
1. Cut radish into circles for the wheels. I used the smaller part of the radish to slice circles for the back ones.
2. I used a potato peeler to take off thick strips of carrot to use as the tracks. I bent them into shape carefully.
3. Then cut a body from red capsicum. This helps to hold the carrot tracks in place.
4. Celery seemed like the perfect gun. I sliced the back off so it sat nicely on the plate and used extra bits to make detail.
5. Before cutting a little star for detail.
6. Simple, quick and a great way to serve salad veg.!!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small