A nice, simple, fun food dessert (desert?!?!) or snack. You can of course substitute the melon for apple, banana or pear.
– Melon (apple/banana/pear)
– I used sunflower seeds for the spikes (or pepitas/almonds)
– Bananas for the ground (can substitute for other fruit or seeds)
1. Cut a stem from the melon.
2. Then add some stem segments.
3. Before sticking in the spikes. I used sliced sunflower seeds.
4. And what desert would be complete without a burning orange sun?
5. I used more of the orange to make the rays.
6. And banana to make the ground.
7. Perfect to warm up the day and so quick and easy too.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small