Back to World Cup fever! My boys were totally mesmerised by this dish.
A fun food soccer pitch that is healthy, delicious and simple to create.
– Pea & broccoli puree (steam veggies, add a splash of stock and herbs – blend!)
– Mashed potato
1. I used the only rectangular platter I have which is a little too thin to give the shape of a proper soccer pitch but best I could do!
I spread the pea & broccoli puree as smoothly as possible to make the grass.
2. I added quite a bit of milk to the cooked mash then piped it out of a plastic bag using a small knife to guide into position. Starting by making lines around the sides and across the centre.
3. I used mash again to create the goal and penalty area.
4. And finished by adding the circles and penalty spots.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small