July 4th Veggies
Independence Day coming up in the US so thought I’d experiment with natural colours and see if I could create a blue. It was more green than I’d have liked 🙁 but was super simple to do. I just chopped a handful of red cabbage, placed in boiling water and added a sprinkle of bicarbonate of soda. I left the lid on the pot for a few minutes and then drained the cabbage. I mixed this with mash for a natural blue.
Here’s a fun food, veggie celebration plate using “blue” food.
– Mashed potato mixed with naturally dyed cabbage
– Red Capsicum (bell pepper)
– Mushrooms (peeled)
1. Mould a “4” from the mash mixture.
2. Then add the “th”.
3. I used a cookie cutter to make some capsicum stars.
4. And another one to cut out some smaller, mushroom ones.
5. One smaller red star and some capsicum streamers and that’s it!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small