OK so Tour De France time so bicycles in the news. I could never draw bicycles so am amazed I am able to reproduce them in food. Weirdly it seems way easier in veg than in pencil!
Here’s part of a fun food, light lunch I whipped up for the boys.
– Radish/avocado (or cucumber/tomato/daikon)
– Celery (or cucumber/carrot)
– Red Capsicum (bell pepper) or other veg
– I used red cabbage and baby spinach for the background
1. Cut the wheels from radish.
2. Add a front strut from celery.
3. Then add more supports.
4. And cross bar and back wheel bars.
5. I used capsicum for a flashy, red seat.
6. Then some handles.
7. Before adding some carrot wheel hubs (I had to shorten the celery “bars” a little).
8. More capsicum for the pedal over a carrot cog.
9. I added some red cabbage ground.
10. And then some baby spinach bushes and a carrot bird!
12. But then is it better with avocado wheels?
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small