My boys love jacket potatoes, and like me crispy skin is the go. Looking at one it does seem quite leathery a lot like I imagine a dinosaur would look and that of course lead me into the kitchen …
Here’s my fun food, jacket potato stegosaurus. The boys were really, really excited about the result!
– Jacket potato (I used one and a bit ….)
– Raw sweet potato (kumara). It tastes great, if you haven’t tried you must! Can always be substituted for carrot
– Vegetables for the ground. I used broccoli, peas, corn
1. Bake potato. A long-ish, thin-ish one works for shape!
2. Cut spikes from sweet potato and insert into slots sliced into the top of the potato. A double row creates a great visual.
3. And then ensure they go all down the back.
4. I used the ends of a second potato to make a head and tail.
5. Before putting some longer sweet potato spikes into the tail.
6. Next I added some legs from more potato.
7. And gave her a carrot face.
8. To simulate the lush undergrowth I used broccoli, peas and corn.
9. Easy as that!
10. Or that …..
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small