Had to whip up a quick and simple share plate when some friends were over so ….
Here’s my easy, fun food, grape bear.
– Dark grapes
1. Cut the bottom off the grapes (so they don’t roll around) and make a “head” shape.
2. Do the same for the “body” shape.
3. Add some banana ears and a nose area.
4. Then slice more banana for some feet.
5. Cut a crescent shape from the grapes for pupils (I later changed the angle of these).
6. Then I used some slightly lighter coloured grapes from the bunch to make toes.
7. And extended out some grape arms with banana hands.
8. Using more of the lighter grapes for the claws.
9. I gave him a grape nose.
10. Then thought he’d be cuter with the pupils at a different angle.
11. All finished and ready to share.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small