Use your favourite breakfast grain to make porridge and then add a bit of fruit to make a super simple, cute, fun food owl.
I added a bit of cocoa powder to give my porridge some colour and to test whether the taste worked (boys rated it just OK).
– Raisins (dates/blueberries)
– I used pepitas for feathers
1. Put the porridge in a circular bowl.
2. Add two mandarin segments on either side to make the eyes.
3. Then a third segment to make the beak.
4. I used some plump raisins for pupils.
5. Before slicing a piece of banana for the top of his head.
6. A few pepitas for feathers and he’s all finished and ready to eat.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small