Making salad robots is a great activity to do with the kids. Just chop up a whole range of shapes from whatever you have on hand and let them create their own fun food versions.
So versatile as you can use any veggies and any shapes.
– Red and green capsicum (bell pepper)
– Daikon (Chinese radish)
1. Cut a square from the red capsisum.
2. Add a carrot head.
3. Use the green capsicum for the nozzle on top of the head and the arm attachments.
4. Then do the same for the legs.
5. Add some arms and legs from batons of celery.
6. Use carrot for the feet and green capsicum for the wrist attachments.
7. Make some hands from carrot.
8. Then use the daikon for the face.
9. And the control panel.
10. I used a couple of triangles of red capsicum to give him some pupils.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small