After figuring out how to mix red cabbage and a little bicarb soda to make a natural greenish/blue “dye” it’s fun to use for designs. To make a perfect sea I mixed the red cabbage with mash.
Here’s my fun food veggie boat floating on the ocean …
– Mash (coloured blue is more fun!)
– Carrot (or sweet potato/potato)
– Parsnip (or carrot/potato/green bean)
– Peas (or any diced veggie)
– Corn (or any diced veggie)
– Pumpkin (or sweet potato/carrot)
1. Make the mash into the ocean!
2. Cut a carrot hull for the boat.
3. Add a parsnip mast.
4. Then a pea sail.
5. With a corn sail for the other side.
6. And a little carrot flag.
7. Set under a deep orange, pumpkin sun.
8. A few parsnip birds and we’re ready for plain sailing through dinner …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small