I’ve been putting together a series of simple breakfast plates for my boys. They are so delighted when they get something “special” and most of the designs I can prepare the night before so there is no extra stress in the mornings.
Here is my fun food lion. Simple, cute and delicious.
– Porridge/ or soaked oats (Bircher muesli)
– Yoghurt (for the eyes but could use apple or mandarins)
– Long thread coconut
1. Form a circle from the porridge.
2. Add some ears.
3. And some cheeks.
4. Then a mane from mandarin segments.
5. I wanted some dramatic eyes so used a big glob (technical term) of yoghurt.
6. And added some giant raisins for pupils.
7. I used another raisin for the nose.
8. Then one for the mouth.
9. Long thread coconut made perfect whiskers.
10. And a few slices of mandarin for detail in the ear and he was all finished!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small