Pears lend themselves to so many animal shapes!
Here’s my fun food, pear mouse.
– Apple (or pear)
– Raisins (or blueberries/dates/plum)
– Dark plum (or raisins/blueberries/date)
– Long thread coconut
– Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1. Slice pear in half.
2. Round off the “nose” end.
3. Add big apple ears by scoring slots in the pear for them to fit into.
4. Cut a round piece of plum for the nose.
5. Give her two raisin eyes.
6. And a long apple tail (I joined a few pieces together …)
7. Give her some ostentatious coconut whiskers.
8. Sprinkle some chopped pepitas for ground and there she is.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small