It’s that change of seasons time when there is hot and cold weather. It’s great for variety in meals as there is a call for the hearty and the light.
Here is my fun food, mash and lentil castle. It could be made with any mash or veggie puree and any bolognaise style sauce and is really very simple.
– Mash (or other veggie puree)
– Lentils (or any bolognaise style sauce)
– Corn (or peas)
– Broccoli (or beans/spinach)
1. Make the outline of a simple castle.
2. Cut windows and door from steamed carrot.
3. Carefully add the lentil mix.
4. Use corn to make the ground.
5. Add some broccoli trees.
6. And detail for the door and flag (made from broccoli stalks/carrot and corn).
All finished, lower the drawbridge!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small