I found some lovely, ripe avocadoes and as we were having a Mexican inspired dinner I thought what better but some salsa-stuffed skins.
Some fun food, avocado salsa skulls. Perfect for dinner or a party, simple to make and delicious to eat.
– Salsa (I made with avocado/tomato/coriander(cilantro)/chilli/lemon)
1. Slice the avocado in half and remove the seed.
2. Scoop out the flesh then use the back part of the half that has been scooped out and the edge of the other side to make the salsa “receptacles”.
3. Put the avocado flesh back in, mixed with your additions of choice.
4. Add some cheese eye sockets.
5. And some noses.
6. Then score some cheese rectangles to make the teeth.
7. Bit of decoration and they’re ready to eat.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small