We were privileged to have Craig Smith, author of the Wonky Donkey and many other children’s books over for dinner this week.
I decided that I just had to use the beautiful strawberries that have just come into season and what better than a fun food field of tulips.
– Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
– Kiwi Fruit
– Desiccated coconut
1 . Slice some pear to make the main part of the windmill.
2. Add some pear sails.
3. Cut strawberries in half and make an indent at the top and then slice the bottom at an angle on each side for the flower shape.
4. Add as many as you’d like.
5. Then I used pepitas to form the ground.
6. And sliced kiwi fruit to make the stems.
7. With more cut to make rough leaves.
8. Before adding a lovely, big, orange sun to help the flowers grow ..
9. A few desiccated coconut clouds to dip the fruit into and it’s all done.
Next time Craig comes he will get his own plate so he doesn’t eat all ours ….
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small