A special plate to celebrate Thanksgiving in the US. I have very fond memories of my time living in N.C. and thought a fun food pumpkin dish was in order!
– Roast pumpkin
– Roast parsnips
– Roast zucchini (courgette)
– Roast carrots
– Roast cauliflower
– Roast red capsicum (bell pepper)
– Steamed broccoli
– Steamed green beans
1. Make a neck from pumpkin.
2. Add a head (I made this larger later).
3. Give her some zucchini wings.
4. Then a luxurious tail of carrot and parsnip.
5. Add a green bean beak.
6. Then some cauliflower “ruffles”.
7. Her wings needed to be a little more prominent so add the darker zucchini too.
8. And then give her a larger head.
9. With some pumpkin legs.
10. Add a bright red capsicum wattle.
11. And some eyes made from the inside of a slice of parsnip with darker roasted bits for pupils.
12. Use the broccoli and green beans as grass.
And make her strut.
13. Ready to serve …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small