I was preparing an Asian dish and the bean sprouts/mung beans just looked just like tentacles. I had the mushrooms, brown rice and veg ready so this fun food Mushroom Jellyfish was born!
– Mushrooms (I used the dark caps)
– Bean sprouts/mung beans
– Brown rice (or cous cous or chopped veggies)
– Red Capsicum/Bell Pepper
– I used spinach & celery for the sea bed
1. Cut the sautéed mushrooms in half (or you can eat raw if you prefer).
2. Add the bean sprouts/mung beans as tentacles.
3. Add the rice for the sea-bed.
4. Then add other veg to give the seabed colour.
5. Cut a few fish from carrot and capsicum …
Simple, quick, crunchy and delicious.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small