So much fruit around at this time of year we’re spoilt for choice. The mandarins are lovely and sweet and the perfect portable snack, they are also great for creating fun food!
Here’s my Mandarin Rooster.
– Blueberry (or raisins)
1. Form a body shape from mandarin segments.
2. Add a strawberry wattle.
3. Then a comb.
4. With an open beak.
5. And a blueberry eye.
6. I made the legs from strawberry and then cut a mandarin segment to make the claws.
7. Slicing strawberry for a large tail.
8. Then half a strawberry for the wing.
9. I sprinkled pepitas for the ground.
10. But no rooster is complete without his crow … sliced from blueberries …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small